Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 8x8 Tip In

This month, one of my projects at Altered Art Swap is an 8"x8" tip in using a French-inspired "Life is Beautiful" theme in sepia tones. I started out with a paper background mounted on 140# watercolor paper and then used a lovely rubber stamp and distressed ink to give it a vintage feel. Then it was "create away"!
I planned to make a bookmark to put in the library card pocket but as usual, a doll crept her way out and next thing I knew, I had made a beautiful French ballerina instead. I have to admit that I am very pleased with the results. Those Dolls just always sneak into my art, don't they? I wonder how many more are inside? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol, I've done a quick look and all of your art is wonderful - I'm inspired! I would love for you to get in touch with me to talk about a swap IF you are inclined & have the time.

Anonymous said...

lovely work!

Rella said...

Oh how I love this.....I cannot wait to spend some more time in here and enjoying all the luscious eye candy.

I am grateful to PW that we have 'met' you are a kindred spirit for sure.

xo Rella

Unknown said...

Stunning tip ins Carol - I salute you my dear friend xxxx